Перейти к содержимому

Добро пожаловать на игровой форум TADAR: Awakening of Darkness!
Welcome to the game forum TADAR: Awakening of Darkness!
  •  
  • Start New Topic

Фотография

Here's my "two" (more like 5) cents

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 16

#1 OFFLINE   Light

Light

Пользователь

• Пользователь
  • 18 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 14:44

Alright here we go. I was in LOCO from day 0, before it was even advertised in Alaplaya. And it's still my favorite online game of all times.

TUTORIAL - ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS YOU NEED TO CONCERN ABOUT... The tutorial for new players for when they first start playing this game. Most of us were so in love with it that we didn't consider the learning curve of LOCO to be that difficult. But for new players that know NOTHING about MOBAs with RTS, TPS and RPG elements, this game can be their demise. The tutorial in LOCO taught absolutely NOTHING. Mainly because the whole point of it was just to forecast what the gameplay in LOCO would be like, when it ended up not being even remotely near that. The tutorial and overall help new players will receive from the game itself is what you really need to pay attention to. If you aim to keep the old "low-level" demo-like map for 3v3...you need to actually implement it in a way that will help newbies learn the whole point of the game WITHOUT having them wide open for destruction right after leaving the low levels. The way that old map was designed was WAY too easy to deal with and too weak of a challenge for new players to face and not end up being vulnerable to pubstomps as they progress into becoming more competitive.

Balance - Character balance is next. We had Stella and Octavian who were literally unstoppable monsters. Stuff like 10 skills to choose from, knockback on melees, 3 character cards to choose from post-death ingame...all of this was perfectly fine and made LOCO as amazingly unique as it was. But the balance was broken. Either the damage outputs or the general character stats needed serious work back in LOCO. Even the fact that mages were good for early game and melees were for lategame carry was ok as long as it didn't render mages COMPLETELY useless endgame and melees ridiculously underpowered and abused early game...which it did. Something needs to be done about that.

Economy - And then...there's the ingame shop economy. Remember the 1m gold tokens up for sale in the shop? ...Yeah, another reason why LOCO died, there was no moderation to that whatsoever. And tokens WERE quite gamebreaking in terms of usefulness and functionality. 1 tiny effect like a DoT could change the whole course of a game.

Management - Please keep in mind that EXTREMELY poor management of the game from both the publishers AND the developers of LOCO were the reason it got destroyed. And never pull the Evolution stunt in the name of all you hold dear. Keep it in the old CB phase (gameplay-wise) and gradually update it from there. If you really plan on adding a roaming type of lobby, just as long as you keep the old CB-styled gameplay it may even be fine. New characters shouldn't be the main focus of the updates. It should be game balance first and foremost, there's a lot to work with. If you're not 1000% sure what you plan with this game and how to fix whatever Danal and Alaplaya couldn't...better not get our hopes up too high just to crush them again. Kindly have in mind everything needed to bring out the full potential of LOCO out in the open and make it one of the best games ever. It sure could've been if the pubs/devs didn't fail at it miserably. By the way highly stable servers would also be a high requirement.

English - By the way it would be amazing if you could bring some good translators from Russian to English to the table. Unless you plan on keeping this game focused on the Russian playerbase, which would be bad, please consider doing a good and proper amount of work on the English version of the game. I don't know how you plan to advertise this game to the non-Russian playerbase, but looking forward to see how this goes.

You're gonna need a LOT of luck, so here's me wishing it to you. This could become amazing...but also fail miserably just like LOCO, keep that in mind. I'll see if there's anything I missed that I could add to the thread, but this is it for now.

#2 OFFLINE   Oxses

Oxses

Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 7 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 27 Days
  • ГородBerlin

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 15:13

I absolutely agree with this. It will be hard enough to create that game so their is really no need to repeat mistakes.

These are just a few points of the mistakes made in the past and we will find more but for know its a beginning.

First point of interests should be a running test client and a good translation to English.

Its a long way to go, but im sure its possible, to create an awesome game.

#3 OFFLINE   Armund

Armund

Продвинутый пользователь

• Модератор
  • 128 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 6 Months and 7 Days
  • ГородВладивосток

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 15:28

Really good points! I suppose, admins have something to think over.

Looks like you've been one of top players at EU ^_^

Изображение

#4 OFFLINE   Light

Light

Пользователь

• Пользователь
  • 18 сообщений

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 16:14

Looks like you've been one of top players at EU ^_^

Not really, I just ADORED LOCO as a game. I don't have what it takes to be a TOP player, but I'm certainly above average.

#5 OFFLINE   iRediKurou

iRediKurou

Комьюнити-менеджер

• Администратор
  • 598 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 1 Day
  • ГородМосква

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 16:59

TUTORIAL - Alpha testers will be do tutorial, and based on it will be made a general tutorial for the game.

Balance - Developers unfortunately or fortunately no data on the balance sheet figures. Therefore, in TADAR will be a new balance.

Economy - As the game balance, the economy of the game will be completely different.

Management - We will try to take into account all your suggestions. We emphasize the main point: the game will be up Evolution. The original version of the game. Appropriately mechanics is the one that was before the global update.

English - Localization is scheduled for OBT.

#6 OFFLINE   Light

Light

Пользователь

• Пользователь
  • 18 сообщений

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 17:06

TUTORIAL - Alpha testers will be do tutorial, and based on it will be made a general tutorial for the game.

I meant for when new players first log in to the game, the tutorial to which they are taken and then the 3v3 map they could play back in LOCO. We'll see how you plan this out, but I was comparing to LOCO and what the situation was back then.

Wait... This means only Russian people will get to play alpha and closed beta? Well that's pretty restricting. I'm not saying I don't trust you guys (in Russia) to create good opinions on how the game should work, but us old EU and NA players from LOCO had a REALLY long history with the game itself. Just stating opinions and providing feedback will most likely not be enough valuable information you could receive from us.

#7 OFFLINE   iRediKurou

iRediKurou

Комьюнити-менеджер

• Администратор
  • 598 сообщений
  • ГородМосква

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 17:21

I meant for when new players first log in to the game, the tutorial to which they are taken and then the 3v3 map they could play back in LOCO. We'll see how you plan this out, but I was comparing to LOCO and what the situation was back then.

Wait... This means only Russian people will get to play alpha and closed beta? Well that's pretty restricting. I'm not saying I don't trust you guys (in Russia) to create good opinions on how the game should work, but us old EU and NA players from LOCO had a REALLY long history with the game itself. Just stating opinions and providing feedback will most likely not be enough valuable information you could receive from us.

It will be taken into account when designing the card and systems training.

I can not say now whether the English of the game in the alpha testing. Follow the news.

#8 OFFLINE   Light

Light

Пользователь

• Пользователь
  • 18 сообщений

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 17:27

Fine then... But definitely consider hiring certified translators for the localization task.

And if we're all intended to have access to alpha/CB, at the very least kindly provide a sticky thread or notes somewhere about what all the text ingame would loosely be translated to.

#9 OFFLINE   iRediKurou

iRediKurou

Комьюнити-менеджер

• Администратор
  • 598 сообщений
  • ГородМосква

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 17:31

Fine then... But definitely consider hiring certified translators for the localization task.

And if we're all intended to have access to alpha/CB, at the very least kindly provide a sticky thread or notes somewhere about what all the text ingame would loosely be translated to.

Very good, we try to consider this point.
We already have people who can help with the translation of the game.
But a quick translation of the customer is not guaranteed.

#10 OFFLINE   Legend of Me

Legend of Me

Пользователь

• Альфа тестер
  • 24 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 27 Days

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 18:00

As Light said, having alpha/CB restricted to Russia isn't the smart move. Right now I don't think there are even enough people informed about resurrection of LOCO. 
Enabling EU and US players to participate in testing will give you 24h feedback on issues and buggs. 
As for TUTORIAL:  As iRediKurou said,testers, are going to make tutorial by feedback, so I dont see any problem there to make a tutorial for new players who just joined.

1st they would play tutorial to get familiar with basics, then they would have to play a fast mini game 2v2 or 3v3 against bots so they see whats it all about, and lastly the new players should have a restriction getting to play big matches 5v5 (example), until they win at least 5 times with hero to be able to enter big matches like 5v5 or a league if its going to be implemented.

#11 OFFLINE   ac9cbka

ac9cbka

Пользователь

• Старший Модератор
  • 29 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 6 Months and 4 Days

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 18:24

"If the designers were from Europe or the USA, they first made a play for its audience and only then for others. As it was with Loco in Korea."

#12 OFFLINE   Incendilynx

Incendilynx

Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 6 сообщений

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 18:38

As long as they increase fox melee range and give her knock back i'll be happy XD

#13 OFFLINE   iWin

iWin

Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 3 сообщений

Отправлено 28 Май 2015 - 18:50

"Open alpha test will be without time limits. We will try to avoid the mistakes of other game developers. Thank you."

"If the designers were from Europe or the USA, they first made a play for its audience and only then for others. As it was with Loco in Korea."

#14 OFFLINE   kenson3031

kenson3031

Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 2 сообщений
  • Joined 1 Year, 10 Months and 25 Days

Отправлено 29 Декабрь 2015 - 12:00

I could understand if the community likes the game to be heavily based on player skills, however I find it more important to allow the game to grow in population first. We wouldn't want all the veteran players to scare off new players.

I'm not saying to simplify the game so much where a 5 year old can play, but perhaps a balance system for match making based on win:lose ratio or account level? 

Obviously Ranking-type match for competitive play in the future. Well all in all I'm just glad the game is returning :D

#15 OFFLINE   kenson3031

kenson3031

Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 2 сообщений
  • Joined 1 Year, 10 Months and 25 Days

Отправлено 29 Декабрь 2015 - 12:02

I could understand if the community likes the game to be heavily based on player skills, however I find it more important to allow the game to grow in population first. We wouldn't want all the veteran players to scare off new players.

I'm not saying to simplify the game so much where a 5 year old can play, but perhaps a balance system for match making based on win:lose ratio or account level? 

Obviously Ranking-type match for competitive play in the future. Well all in all I'm just glad the game is returning :D

And I wan to add, sorry idk where the edit button is.. Knockback was like..broken. please add like some sort of damage reduction when knockback

#16 OFFLINE   RichardGhval

RichardGhval

Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 1 сообщений
  • Joined 7 Months and 2 Days
  • ГородCopenhagen

Отправлено 03 Июнь 2017 - 12:34

i agree totally with your idea Andy... as a matter of fact i already had this idea of throwing partys on different servers This topic is a great timing xDDD. Maybe we can work something out together, like we will be the host for the partys ?? Grff. P.S. pm me if you want my help with organizing a party somewhere

#17 OFFLINE   ac9cbka

ac9cbka

Пользователь

• Старший Модератор
  • 29 сообщений
  • Joined 2 Years, 6 Months and 4 Days

Отправлено 12 Июнь 2017 - 14:17

I hope we will be able to cater to all your needs in this project . so we are left to wait and hope for the best. And a big thank you for not leaving us !=)

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных

Уважаемый Гость, пройдите Регистрацию или выполните Вход в свою учетную запись, чтобы получить полный доступ к форуму!

Dear Guest, please Sign up or Sign in to your account to get full access to the forum!